Smoker Scorches Siding In South Everett

January 25, 2020

Everett Fire

siding

An Everett firefighter used a garden hose to wet down the area where the siding caught fire.

siding

You can see the smoker in the lower part of the photo.

A good reminder today that if you’re using a smoker or barbecue you want to have it a couple of feet away from the side of the house.

Neighbors called police after noticing flames running up the side of an apartment early Saturday afternoon on 8th Avenue West.

A resident had been using a smoker and somehow it caused the siding to ignite.

The fire was quickly extinguished and Everett Firefighters checked to make sure there was no extension into the building.



About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

Comments are closed.