No Injuries In Smoky Fire At Home In Central Everett

December 3, 2021

Everett

Smoke pours from the eaves of the home.

A firefighter puts water into the area behind the fireplace.

Today Everett Firefighters were called to a home at the south end of College Avenue in central Everett.

The call came in just after 10:30 this morning as the home’s smoke detector went off and the residents reported fire coming out of the mantle.

Both people in the home evacuated safely. The fire generated a lot of smoke which could be seen coming from the eaves of the home and firefighters had to tear into the mantle to access the fire.

There were no injuries to residents or firefighters and the majority of the damage was contained to the area of the fireplace. The residents were able to return to the home after firefighters finished making sure all of the hot spots were extinguished.



About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews
advert

Comments are closed.