Butane Canister Explodes Inside Everett Hotel Room Injuring Two

August 27, 2018

Everett Fire, Police Blotter

Delta hotel

The man and woman were able to get out of their room and into the parking lot.

Delta

Everett Fire Chief Dave DeMarco assisted in the response.

Everett Police and Fire units were called to the Delta Hotel by Marriott next to I-5 mid-day Monday for a report of two people injured after an explosion in one of the guest rooms.

A man suffered an injury and a woman was burned after Everett Police say a canister of butane exploded after contact with a candle in their 2nd floor room.

The room filled with smoke and there was some damage but it was quickly contained by an Engine and a Ladder Company.

Fire alarms did sound and the hotel was evacuated as a precaution while firefighters determined what was happening.

The woman was transported by medics to Harborview Hospital in Seattle while the man was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett.

Neither of their injuries was believed to be life threatening.

Investigators from Everett Police and Fire were on the scene Monday afternoon but no other details have been made available.



About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews
advert

Comments are closed.