PUD Offering Assistance For Low Income Everett Residents

October 18, 2015

Everett, Everett Economy

Snohomish County PUD

Click to visit the PUD website.

As winter approaches, here’s a reminder from Snohomish PUD about ways which people who may having trouble paying their power bill can get some help. With the recent switch to monthly billing by the PUD some people may get caught off guard. Here’s some good information…

– Over the next year, energy assistance programs offered by Snohomish County Public Utility District will help about 17,000 senior citizens and low-income customers struggling with their electric bills. The programs currently provide reductions of 20 percent, 40 percent, or 60 percent off PUD electric and water bills. The discount percentage that customers receive depends on their income level.

Currently, the low-income discount is available to PUD customers who have a household annual income that is below 125 percent of the federal poverty level ($30,313 for a family of four). Also eligible for discounts are senior citizens who are 62 years of age or older and have a combined disposable annual income of less than $28,264.

For an application or more information about the PUD’s assistance programs, customers should visit www.snopud.com (click on “Your Account”) or call Customer Service at 425-783-1000.

Additional Assistance Programs:

Project PRIDE: This program raises voluntary contributions from PUD ratepayers for low-income customers who need help with their bills. For more information, call PUD Customer Service at 425-783-1000 or visit www.snopud.com/projectpride.

Snohomish County Office of Weatherization & Energy Assistance: A weatherization program provides home energy conservation assistance to eligible homeowner and renter households. An energy assistance program offers assistance in paying the heat bill for eligible households on a one-time per heating season basis. For more information, call 425-388-3880. Camano Island customers should call the Opportunity Council at 1-800-317-5427.

Northsound 211: This service, accessed by calling the 211 telephone number, connects local residents to health and human services in the community. Need help finding rent assistance, job training, volunteer opportunities, food, shelter, or support groups? These are just some of the hundreds of social services 2-1-1 can help people access.

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

Comments are closed.