5 Kittens Rescued in Everett House Fire

July 4, 2014

Everett, Everett Fire

Update: Everett Fire Marshal says fire was NOT related to fireworks but likely due to materials smoldering in a fireplace overnight.

McDougall fire

An Everett firefighter carries a kitten out the front door

There were no injuries in a house fire Friday morning in the 7000 block of McDougall in central Everett. According to Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson, a neighbor called 9-1-1 after spotting smoke coming out of the upper story of the home shortly after 8:00am. The home owner was able to get out safely and Everett firefighters quickly extinguished the fire. They also managed to corral five kittens who were loose in the house. No word yet on a damage estimate or the cause of the fire. Here are a few pictures of the scene and some of the kittens. Click photo to enlarge.

McDougall fire

An Everett firefighter brings out one of the 5 kittens.

McDougall Fire

A kitten carried to safety

McDougall Fire

2 of the five kittens.

McDougall fire

An Everett firefighter creates ventilation from the inside.

McDougall Fire

An Everett firefighter creates ventilation from the outside.

McDougall Fire

Smoke was coming from the upper story as firefighters arrived.

One other great scene from the fire call this morning was as crews were mopping up, an Everett firefighter took a few minutes to connect with some of the children in the neighborhood…

McDougall fire

An Everett firefighter exchanges high fives with kids at the scene.

McDougall fire

An Everett firefighter gives stickers to some kids after the fire.

[ad#Google 4]

, ,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring news and events in Everett, Washington. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews