Stubborn Attic Fire in Everett 4-Plex Now Out

April 3, 2014

Everett Fire

[ad#Google Adsense-2]

Fire at 3200 Hoyt in Everett, WA

photo provided by Everett Fire Department

It took Everett fire crews quite a while to extinguish an attic fire at a 4-plex in the 3200 block of Hoyt this morning. Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson tells MyEverettNews.com the first report came in around 7:40am. He says Everett Firefighters arrived to find a 2nd floor porch fire that had extended up into the attic space. Eight people were able to exit safely and firefighters attacked the fire first from outside and then through the interior of the 2nd floor. That effort continued for another hour and a half and the fire was finally out at 9:13am. Robinson say one firefighter was taken to Providence Regional Medical Center in Everett after suffering chest pains while working the fire. There were no other reports of injuries and the cause is believed to be a cigarette that was mistakenly tossed into a trash container on the front porch. Mop up operations are underway and no word yet on a damage estimate.

,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

2 Responses to “Stubborn Attic Fire in Everett 4-Plex Now Out”

  1. Julie Says:

    Only news site to report on the fire.