Sprinklers Contain Fire to Closet of Everett Assisted Living Facility

February 26, 2014

Everett Fire

[ad#Google Adsense-2]

Everett fire

Another example of how fire sprinklers save lives.

Combustibles too close to a light bulb started a fire at an assisted-living facility in the 13000 block of 4th Ave. W. early this morning. Here are the details and a reminder about fire sprinklers from assistant Everett Fire Marshal Eric Hicks…

Everett Firefighters responded when an automatic fire alarm sounded shortly after 12 a.m. Wednesday, Feb. 26. When firefighters arrived, most occupants had already evacuated. Firefighters investigated and found that a fire had been extinguished by a sprinkler head located in the closet.

Firefighters determined the fire was caused by combustibles too close to a light bulb in the closet.

According to the U.S. Fire Administration, “The most effective fire loss prevention and reduction measure, with respect to both life and property, is the installation and maintenance of fire sprinklers. Fire sprinkler systems offer the optimum level of fire safety because they control the fire immediately in the room of origin, help prevent flashover and often extinguish the fire before the fire department arrives on the scene.”

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews
advert

Comments are closed.