Out of Control Stir Fry Causes 100K in Fire Damage to Everett House

July 11, 2013

Everett Fire


Everett firefighters cover up the windows following the stir fry fire.

Everett Fire Marshal Rick Robinson says a stir-fry dinner got out of hand, turned into a kitchen fire and then did about $100,000.00 in damage to a house on Cedar street Thursday night. Here’s the official press release:

Everett Fire Department crews responded to a reported spreading stove-top fire at a home in the 2700 block of Cedar Street at 6:20 p.m. tonight. Arriving crews found that everyone was out of the house safely and they were able to knock down the fire before it spread throughout the home. The fire originated in a stir-fry on the stove top and spread to the cabinetry and furnishings in the kitchen. The heat and smoke from the kitchen area spread throughout the house causing an estimated $100,000 damage to the interior. The residents evacuated safely and fire department personnel are working to ensure they have alternate accommodations for the night.

, ,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews