Kitchen Blaze Quickly Stopped By Everett Fire Crews

November 29, 2018

Everett Fire

Word in from Everett Fire Department on a quick stop in a kitchen fire this morning…

fire

Photo courtesy Everett Fire Department

fire

Photo courtesy Everett Fire Department

At approximately 8:30am this morning, our firefighters responded to a report of flames from the roof of an apartment building at 120 W Casino Rd. Firefighters found a stovetop fire in one of the units that had extended up the range hood and into the attic space.

A second alarm was called and quickly canceled as firefighters extinguished the fire and stopped it from spreading. There were no injuries to residents or firefighters. Thank you to our partnering agencies and Everett Police Department for your assistance. Here are some photos from the scene this morning.

Remember these safety tips when cooking:

• Stay in the kitchen while you are frying, boiling, grilling, or broiling food. If you leave the kitchen for even a short period of time, turn off the stove.
• If you are cooking with grease, have a lid next to the pan that you can slide over the pan should the grease catch fire.
• For an oven fire, turn off the heat and keep the oven door closed.
• Keep anything that can catch fire — oven mitts, wooden utensils, food packaging, towels or curtains — away from your stovetop.



About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews
advert

Comments are closed.