Disturbance At Mariner High School Leads To Evacuation Friday Night

September 14, 2018


Saturday 6:30 AM update: Here is the update from the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office.

Just before 9 p.m. the Sheriff’s Office responded to reports of a physical altercation between juveniles in the parking lot of Mariner High School. The school resource officer at Mariner High School responded to the parking lot and heard 5-6 shots fired nearby by an unknown suspect. There have been no identified victims or reported injuries as a result of the shots fired.

The football stadium at Mariner High School was evacuated. There was one report of a minor leg injury during the evacuation. Fourth Ave W. was closed for a short time during the investigation. Multiple casings were recovered in the 12200 block of 4th Ave W. This is still an active investigation.

Friday 10:55 PM: Here is a statement just in from the Mukilteo School District.

This is to let you know about an incident that occurred tonight near Goddard Stadium during the annual football game between Mariner and Kamiak.

At about 9 p.m., during the fourth quarter of the game, there was apparently an altercation between juveniles in the Mariner parking lot. The dispute moved off campus to 4th Avenue where five or six shots were fired. We are told by the Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office that there were no injuries and no victims of this incident. There is no description of the suspect and the investigation will continue.

The football game was stopped immediately and the fans in Goddard Stadium quickly exited the grandstands. We are told that there was one injury during the evacuation when a student rolled an ankle. Fans were later allowed back into the grandstands to retrieve their belongings.


SCSO is investigating a disturbance at Mariner High.

Friday 10:15 PM: Snohomish County Sheriff’s Deputies are interviewing witnesses and trying to determine exactly what happened. The area around Mariner has been mostly cleared. The football game was suspended in the 4th quarter. It may be some time before there is any official word on exactly what happened and where things stand from SCSO.

Friday 9:50 PM: 4th Avenue West in front of Mariner High has been reopened. Here is the latest from SCSO as of 10 minutes ago.

Responding to Mariner HS for reports of an altercation between juveniles in the parking lot. Reports of possible shots fired. No reported injuries. Stadium being evacuated. 4th Ave closed for evidence investigation

Friday 9:37 PM: There was a disturbance at Mariner High School. Snohomish County Sheriff’s ended up clearing out everyone from the football game. The exact nature of the disturbance is not confirmed and we will not speculate. 4th Avenue West in front of Mariner High has been shut down. Police from Everett, Lynnwood and Mill Creek are assisting Snohomish County Sheriff. People are being asked to leave and at this point we do not have any confirmed reports of injuries.

About My Everett News Staff

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring news and events in Everett, Washington. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett.

View all posts by My Everett News Staff