Quick Stop On Wall Heater Fire In Everett Condo

October 15, 2016

Everett, Everett Fire

wall heater

The fire was in a condo in the 200 block of Dorn Avenue in south Everett

Everett Fire crews kept a wall heater fire from spreading this morning.

It happened shortly after 8:30AM in the 200 block of Dorn Avenue. Crews did have to open up the wall in order to get into the area that was burning.

Now that fall weather has truly arrived here are some home heating safety tips.

  • Keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heating equipment.
  • Have a three-foot “kid-free zone” around open fires and space heaters.
  • Never use your oven to heat your home.
  • Remember to turn portable heaters off when leaving the room or going to bed.
  • Always use the right kind of fuel, specified by the manufacturer, for fuel burning space heaters.
  • Before you turn your wall heater on for the season clean off excess dirt or dust.
  • Have heating equipment and chimneys cleaned and inspected every year by a qualified professional.

According to the National Fire Protection Association cooking equipment is the leading cause of home structure fires and home fire injuries. Smoking is the leading cause of civilian home fire deaths. Heating equipment is the second most common cause of home fire fatalities.

IMG_K12_8_300x250_WA

,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

Comments are closed.