Natural Gas Odor Closes Everett Strip Mall

March 12, 2016

Everett, Everett Fire

gas

A firefighter from Engine 5 walks away after shutting off a gas meter behind the Thai restaurant.

gas

The business were evacuated until Puget Sound Energy could arrive and assess the problem.

A report of natural gas odor shut down a nail salon, Supercuts and a Thai restaurant in the 6500 block of Evergreen Way Saturday around noon.

Everett Firefighters responded after getting 9-1-1 calls from the businesses.

Crews opened the doors to all three businesses to ventilate them and also shut off the gas meters.

Puget Sound Energy was called to look into the problem.

Puget Sound Energy has several tips on what to do if you think there’s a gas leak.




About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

One Response to “Natural Gas Odor Closes Everett Strip Mall”

  1. Patrick Says:

    Good job, quick thinking!