Smoke Detector Saves Everett Family

December 29, 2015

Everett, Everett Fire

smoke detector saves family

There was smoke pouring out of the house when fire crews arrived.

smoke detector

The fire quickly spread to the ceiling and attic

smoke detector

A firefighter uses a chain saw to open the south end of the house.

smoke 3

Siding is cut away to gain access to the fire.

smoke 5

Firefighters use their hose to ventilate smoke from the interior.

smoke 6

A firefighter brings out a large house cat.

smoke 7

A paramedic administers oxygen to the cat.

Smoke Detectors save lives…that saying proved true this morning for a couple in south Everett.

Assistant Everett Fire Marshal Eric Hicks tells MyEverettNews.com a couple were asleep in their bed when they awoke to the smoke detector.

Smoke was filling the interior of the house in the 1200 block of 100th Street SW. The two residents, a man and woman, escaped along with a small dog.

Two cats were inside the house when firefighters arrived. One ran out of the house and the other was discovered by firefighters, carried out and given oxygen.

The Red Cross has been called to assist the family.

No official word yet on the cause of the fire.

Here are MyEverettNews.com photos from the scene.

Click photo to enlarge.




,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews
advert

One Response to “Smoke Detector Saves Everett Family”

  1. Yay! Says:

    What a story! I’m so sorry to hear about this couple’s loss, but so happy to hear that you and all of your animals escaped unharmed!