Time To Report Everett Storm Damage

December 19, 2015

Everett, Everett Government

tree in house

No one hurt but the living room destroyed when this tree went down in the 7400 block of McDougall.

The City of Everett is teaming up with the Department of Emergency Management to get as many people who may have suffered damage during the stormy 1st couple of weeks this month to file a report. If your home or business suffered damage or loss here’s what you need to know…

The State is starting the process to determine the extent of the damages which occurred to homes and businesses due to the severe winter storm, straight-line winds, flooding, landslides and mudslides between Dec. 1-12, 2015.

The City of Everett Office of Emergency Management is partnering with Snohomish County Department of Emergency Management to collect private property damage reports.

Report online 24 hours a day on the Snohomish County Emergency Management page, or call (425) 388-5060 during business hours 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

Be prepared to answer basic questions about your property location, home value, estimated damages, insurance information and whether you are still living in the home.

While both organizations encourage the public to report, there is no guarantee in receiving assistance.

This is the first step in determining potential resources. Additionally, the Washington State Department of Revenue will work with businesses that cannot file or pay their taxes on time due to the windstorms and flooding.

Businesses in a disaster area can ask for:
 More time to file and pay their taxes
 A waiver of a late payment penalty
 An extension on expiring reseller permits and business licenses and registrations
 An audit to be rescheduled

Any individual or business that owns property in the declared disaster area may be eligible for property tax relief.

Property owners can visit Revenue’s disaster relief page for links to the forms that should be filed with the local county assessor’s office.

Contacting revenue: Businesses can request an extension or penalty waiver by sending a secure email in their My Account, or by calling Revenue’s customer service staff at 1-800-647-7706 during regular work week hours.

Customer service by phone is offered in various languages. Click here for related links and information. This information is being translated into Spanish and will be posted on the disaster relief page.


About My Everett News Staff

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring news and events in Everett, Washington. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett.

View all posts by My Everett News Staff