Food on Stove Cause of Everett Apartment Fire

May 21, 2014

Everett Fire

Kitech fire pic

Damage was primarily limited to the kitchen.

Quick work this afternoon by workers at the Everett Housing Authority and Everett Firefighters following a kitchen fire in an apartment in the 1300 block of Fir Street in north Everett. Everett Assistant Fire Marshal Eric Hicks tells MyEverettNews.com that a neighbor spotted smoke coming out a kitchen window. That neighbor called Everett Housing Authority workers and they called 9-1-1. A housing worker entered the apartment and tried to put out the fire with an extinguisher. Meanwhile another worker shut off the gas to the apartment. The first arriving engine was able to pull a line directly off the fire truck and extinguish the remaining fire. Hicks said as crews were hooking up to hydrants they noticed a drop in water pressure and discovered a water main had broken nearby. That did not prove to be an issue however as crews were able to put out the fire with the water from the first arriving engine. There were no injuries.

[ad#Google 4]

,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

Comments are closed.