Firefighters Quickly Douse South Everett Roof Fire

October 16, 2011


Chimney fire spreads to roof

It took Everett firefighters just a few minutes to extinguish a roof fire near 100th and 4th avenue west in south Everett this afternoon. According to Everett Fire Battalion Chief Joe Johnston, the residents had a fire going in the fireplace and as it went up the chimney, some material escaped the flue and spread into the attic starting the roof on fire. Crews quickly got it out and saved the house though there was some smoke and water damage along with that hole in the roof. Johnston says this is the time of year when they start to see chimney fires and recommended that people have their fireplaces and chimneys cleaned and inspected before putting them to use as the temperatures fall.

[ad#Google Adsense]

, ,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews