38 Residents Displaced in Strand Hotel Fire in Everett, WA – Picture Gallery Attached

October 5, 2011

Downtown Everett, Everett

Unattended candle to blame. Damage estimated at $230,000.00. The Everett Fire Department has determined that an unattended candle in one of the units is to blame for this morning’s two alarm blaze. No one was injured but 38 residents have been displaced and are receiving help from the Red Cross of Snohomish County. Everett Public Information Director Kate Reardon says fire damaged two units, there is smoke damage throughout the building and three businesses on the ground floor are closed due to lack of utilities. Here are some photos from this morning’s action.

[cincopa AYIABuqUxa3-]

[ad#Google Adsense]

, , ,

About myeverettnews

My Everett News is a hyperlocal news website featuring breaking news and events in Everett, WA. We also cover City of Everett information and items of interest to those who live and work in Everett. It's written by Leland Dart a former Snohomish County based radio reporter born and raised in Everett.

View all posts by myeverettnews

Comments are closed.