The Jimi Hendrix Experience is in front of the main Everett library.
Street Tunes is back. Every year the city of Everett puts out decorated pianos for people to play. This year’s selection is spread out in the downtown Everett core. Below you’ll find a photo of each of the pianos, their location and the name of the artist who decorated it. You’re also invited to vote on the City of Everett’s website for your favorite piano. The pianos are covered and locked at night but are available to play during the day.
An Invitation to Jam
Pianos will be out Aug. 6 – 26, 2014
Street Tunes is an interactive art project, from start to finish, beginning with the commissioning of artists to decorate each piano. Pianos are placed on the street and anyone can stop and play a tune or just tickle the keys. Each location has maps so that you can create a treasure hunt of unique pianos while exploring Everett. The piano with the most votes will be awarded the “People’s Choice Award” by the City of Everett.
2014 Street Tunes pianos and locations:
Click here to vote for your favorite piano!
1. Everett Transit Station, 3210 Smith Ave.,
Sun in Raven in Whale
by Darrin Hess & Jane Meagher
2. Imagine Children’s Museum, 2915 Colby Ave.
By Cathy Tanasse
3. Schack Art Center, 2921 Hoyt Ave.
Boogie Woogie Broadway
By Si Newland
4. Mermaid Café, 2932 Colby Ave.
Intertwined – 2013 People’s Choice
By Amber Forrest
5. Craving Cajun Grill, 2915 Colby Ave.
By Anna Mastronardi Novak
6. Everett Comics, 2831 Wetmore Ave.
Pianobots of the 25th Century
By Mike Capp
7. Sol Food, 1405 Hewitt Ave.
By Cassandra Reed
8. Major League Pizza, 2811 Colby Ave.
Music Leopard Lounge-2010 Award
By Janet Wold
9. Café Zippy, 2811 Wetmore Ave.
All Star Piano Players
By Cathy Tanasse
10. Jonn Laurenz Fine Cuts, 2802 Colby Ave.
By Alexweander Vincine
11. Sisters & Sno-Isle Co-op, 2804 Grand Ave.
Pacific Coast Rocks
By Melana Bontrager
12. Everett Library, 2702 Hoyt Ave.
The Jimi Hendrix Experience
By Jesse James Jeter
13. Wetmore Theatre Plaza, 2710 Wetmore Ave.
Summer Reflections – 2011 Award
By Shannon Danks
14. Wicked Cellars, 2616 Colby Ave.
By Jeromy Sawdon
15. Petite Sweet & J. Matheson Gifts
2615 Colby Ave.
Mambo Kings Sing Songs of Love
By Cheri O’Brien