Fireworks Likely to Blame For Garage Fire in Everett’s Silver Lake Neighborhood
Arriving crews found smoke and flame pouring from the garage.
Great work by Everett fire crews in stopping a garage fire from spreading into a house in the 2200 block of 127th Place SE near Silver Lake early Saturday morning. Three people were inside the home when the fire was reported shortly after 2:00am. All three got out safely. Everett Fire Department Battalion Chief Hausmann told MyEverettNews.com that fireworks were likely to blame but an investigator will have to determine if it was improper use, storage or disposal of fireworks that caused the blaze. No word yet on a damage estimate. Here are a few pictures from the scene.
2 cars inside the garage were heavily damaged.
Three people got out of the house safely.
Everett Fire crews were able to keep the fire contained to the garage and attic.
Fireworks are believed to have played a role in the fire.
It was a busy 4th of July for Everett Firefighters who responded to a dumpster fire at the Walgreen’s in north Everett, a house fire in central Everett, another dumpster fire at the Walgreen’s at Murphy’s Corner south of Silver Lake, a house fire at 105th and 16th Place West and this fire on 127th Place SE. That’s in addition to numerous calls for service and some false alarms. Happy Independence Day indeed.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.