The City of Everett Citizens’ Commission on Salaries of Elected Officials pursuant to Section 2.8 of the City of Everett Charter hereby adopts the following salary schedule for elected officials:
1. Mayor: The Mayor’s salary for 2013 is and shall remain $13,249.06 per month through December 31, 2013. Effective January 1, 2014, the Mayor’s salary for 2014 will be $13,514.00 per month.
Effective January 1, 2015, the Mayor’s salary for 2015 will be $13,919.00 per month.
2. City Council Members: The City Council members’ salary for 2013 is and shall remain $2,247.04 per month per Council member through December 31, 2013. Effective January 1, 2014, the City Council members’ salary for 2014 will remain $2,247.04 per Council member.
Effective January 1, 2015, the City Council members’ salary for 2015 will remain $2,247.04 per Council member.
3. City Council President/Mayor Pro Tem: The salary for the City Council member designated as City Council President/Mayor Pro Tem is and shall be thirty percent (30%) in addition to his/her salary as a City Council member.
4. Municipal Court Judges: The salary for a full-time Everett Municipal Court Judge shall be equal to that of a Washington State District Court Judge (currently $141,710 per year) and shall automatically be adjusted at such times and with the same effective dates as any adjustment to the salary of Washington State District Court Judges. The salary for a part-time Everett Municipal Court Judge shall be calculated on the pro-rated share of this full-time salary.
5. Benefits: All benefits for the Mayor, City Council members, and Municipal Court Judges are provided for outside the scope of this schedule.
The Commission is charged with reviewing and establishing the salaries of the City’s elected officials who include seven City Council members, the Mayor and two Municipal Court judges. The Commission meets every other year and is required to complete its work by the first week in May. The Commission gathered for the first time in January 1997 as a result of a recommendation by the Everett Charter Review Committee and subsequent approval of voters in the November 1996 general election.
This year’s meetings are set for Wednesday April 10th at 2pm in the 5th Floor Human Resources Training Room of the Wall Street building at 2930 Wetmore Avenue and Wednesday April 17th at 6pm in the 8th Floor Planning Hearing Room also in the Wall Street Building.
This work, unless otherwise expressly stated, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.