The City of Everett is about to start work its annual summer road resurfacing projects. This will make access to homes and businesses challenging to say the least for those affected. Here’s the list from Kate Reardon at the city…
Street resurfacing work will occur at several locations in the city from August through September. This includes the grinding/removal of old asphalt, installation of new traffic signal detection wires, adjustment of manholes, catch basins and utility boxes, and repaving and re-striping of roadways.
The projects are scheduled to begin Aug. 6 and include the following streets:
· Broadway Avenue from 12th Street to 15th Street and 18th Street to 20th Street
· Pacific Avenue from Rucker Avenue to Colby Avenue
· Lombard Avenue from Wall Street to 33rdStreet and 36th Street to 37th Street
· Hoyt Avenue from 32nd Street to 35th Street
· 34th Street from Snohomish Avenue to Laurel Drive
· 35th Street from Snohomish Avenue to Bell Avenue
· Grand Avenue from 41st Street SE to 43rd Street SE
· Vesper Drive from College Avenue to Sperry Lane
· 47th Street SE from Rucker Avenue to Colby Avenue
· Colby Avenue from 55th Street SE to 62nd Street SE
· Sound Avenue from West Mukilteo Boulevard to 56th Street SW
· 79th Place SE from Beverly Lane to Evergreen Way
· East Casino Road from 7th Avenue SE to Bruin Boulevard
· 7th Avenue SE from 92nd Street SE to SW Everett Mall Way
· Olympic Avenue 200 feet east and 200 feet west of Lower Howarth Park
· Lower Howarth Park Access Road from Olympic Avenue northerly to end of roadway
Work along Broadway Avenue, Pacific Avenue and 79th Place SE will be at night to minimize traffic disruption.
The City’s contractor, Granite Construction, is responsible for notifying affected homes and businesses. Signs will be posted to advise travelers of no parking, detours and street closures.
This schedule is weather dependent and adverse weather will delay the completion of the work. For more information on these projects, contact Al Rosenzweig, at 425-257-7221 and email@example.com.