Neil Neroutsos sent over some tips this morning on how the PUD can help you save some money this summer…
Everett, WA — Snohomish County Public Utility District has some great ideas for saving energy this summer. And you’ll not only save money on bills, but you’ll be helping the environment by using resources wisely.
PUD conservation programs include:
Fridge & Freezer Recycling – It’s the season to clear the clutter in your home, including any old energy-wasting fridges in your garage. The PUD will help you with a free pick-up and make sure your unit is safely recycled. For details, call JACO Environmental at 1-877-577-0510.
Free E-Kits – Save energy with a free PUD E-Kit that includes a showerhead, two faucet aerators and two compact fluorescent light bulbs.
Efficient Appliances – The PUD offers rebates of $50 or $100 for approved energy-efficient clothes washers.
Weatherization & Heating – Get help with adding insulation, insulated windows, heat pumps and thermostats. Choose between a cash incentive or a low-interest loan.
CFLs & LEDs – The PUD offers discounts on both compact fluorescent lights and LEDs at many local retailers.
Consider the following tips:
• If you use air conditioners, turn them off when you’re not home.
• Unplug any 2nd refrigerators not in use (or move items to primary refrigerator).
• Set your water heater no higher than 120° F.
• When washing your dishwasher, run full loads.
• Install low-flow showerheads and low-flow faucet aerators.
• Repair leaking or dripping hot water faucets.
• Use your microwave or small cooking appliances instead of your oven.
• Replace light bulbs with lowest acceptable wattage.
• Close window blinds to shade rooms from direct sunlight.
For other energy-saving tips and more information about PUD conservation programs, visit www.snopud.com or call the PUD Energy Hotline at 425-783-1700.