Woman and Baby Escape Everett Mobile Home Fire – Marijuana Grow-Op Found Inside
Firefighters put a quick stop to this mobile home fire in Everett
No one was injured after a mobile home caught fire in the Westridge Estates Mobile home park in Everett last night. Around 8:00pm, firefighters were called to a fire in one of the homes. Arriving crews found smoke coming from the walls and flames underneath. According to Everett Fire Battalion Chief Matt Keller, a woman and her baby were in the home at the time of the fire but got out safely. Everett Fire crews quickly extinguished the fire and then contacted police after seeing what appeared to be a marijuana growing operation. Everett patrol officers responded and called out members of the Regional Drug and Gang Task Force who are now investigating. Everett Police Sgt. Ryan Dalberg tells My Everett News that because of the conditions found inside the mobile home and the fact there was an infant living there, other agencies may also be brought into the investigation. There have been no arrests. Everett Fire determined the cause of the fire was a cigarette accidentally tossed into combustible materials outside of the home.