Burnt Oatmeal Leads to Fire Response at Everett Senior Housing Complex
November 17, 2011
A little smoke damage, a little water damage, but no injuries or major structural damage after a man cooking oatmeal set his kitchen on fire this morning. According to Everett Fire Battalion Chief Joe Johnston, a kitchen fire was reported shortly after 10am at the Bethany at Pacific Crest Senior Housing complex in the 1800 block of Pacific Avenue in downtown Everett. Chief Johnston says by the time firefighters arrived the sprinkler head in the man’s 3rd floor apartment had activated, putting out the fire. There was some smoke and water damage in his apartment and a bit of water damage to the unit directly below the fire. The man who lived in the apartment was checked for smoke inhalation but did not require hospitalization. Other elderly residents of Bethany were able to stay in their apartments while firefighters dealt with kitchen fire. No exact damage estimate yet.
Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.